The most important temple group of the town, Western Group of Temples are the epitome of Chandela style of architecture. The group consist of small and big temples built between 900 to 1130 AD. The temples were built in stone at the town of Panna and transported to the site in Khajuraho. The sculptures were than assembled to form these large and beautiful temples. The sculptures provide an insight into the daily life of that time, covering aspects like War, Kama Sutra, Tantra Vidya, Farming, Meditation and much more. Kandariya Mahadev Temple is the largest and arguably, the best sculpted among the group.